Tuesday, 3 May 2011

How to get Version of Programs, Files, and Objects


How to get Version of Programs, Files, and Objects
1) ORACLE APPLICATIONS

To obtain version of form from any applications form, navigate to the form. Then in the Menu toolbar 
select Help => About Oracle Applications.
Or
Run the following statement
select release_name from fnd_product_group;
2) DATABASE OBJECTS
select text from user_source where name='&package_name' and text like '%$Header%';

You can also obtain the pls version on the database by running:
select name, text 
from dba_source 
where text like '%.pls%' 
and line 

VIEWS
select VIEW_NAME, TEXT 
from 
USER_VIEWS 
where VIEW_NAME = '&VIEW_NAME';

Oracle Workflow
$FND_TOP/sql/wfver.sql
OR
select TEXT from WF_RESOURCES where NAME='WF_VERSION';

UNIX : uname -a
WINDOWS : Start => Parameters => Control Panel => System
JAVA
java -version 

sqlplus 
start=>Run=>cmd
sqlplus 

TNSPING
start=>Run=>cmd
TNSPING 

D2k version
ORACLE_HOME\Orainst\nt.rgs 

File versions
On Unix: strings -a "File name" | grep Header
On Windows : find "Header" File_name

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good website you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any user
discussion forums that cover the same topics discussed in this article?

I'd really love to be a part of group where I can get feedback from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Appreciate it!

my website Get Paid To Complete Surveys

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not
already ;) Cheers!

Also visit my web blog :: miscrits of sunfall

Anonymous said...

Outstanding story there. What happened after?
Take care!

my web page; cheat for castleville